Wednesday 6 May 2020

Thou Art Locked Down

The thing that I have loved most about lockdown has been the cultivation, creativity, and community of artists who wouldn't describe themselves as such, and who are definitely  not hjgh brow (whatever that is, though this has been a part of it). But the nitty gritty, home made, down to earth, grass root,  patchwork contributions, of 'normal' people to the Covid conversation.. Wow! Like love heart emoji!   With no work worry, ( I'm sorry to and for  the continue-rs, We love you for your essentialness) our muses have gone a bit mental and mobile while we haven't been. I've been loving what I've been experiencing. From album cover admiration, video voyeurism, couch staged concerts, baking bedlam and not to forget the comment comedians etc etc etc. I've been seeing society operate in a way that I've not seen before. I knew that the potential has always been there, but simmering, no, not simmering...  maybe, moving a little in a dormant way. But now, we are seeing more creative moves  in the mix. It's only needing more opportunity and activation, to rise to the boil. It has been encouraging (yes, it takes courage) to be a part of what's cooking. Yet I have a sense that there is so much more to give. I want to see, hear, smell. taste, and touch all the sight, sound, fragrance, flavour, and feeling that humanity has hidden beneath our corporate consumption. I crave a society that is based on the giving of ourselves to the loving of the other. OK, I know, I'm only paraphrasing the Golden Rule that we all know, but mostly don't do. But it simply is the answer to our human crisis. And I wholeheartedly believe that this will rise from the earth and not trickle down from the pyramidal heights of empire, weather governmental or personal. I could go on here addressing the elephant in the room who has no clothes on , and I intend to, if I don't return to the same old inertia that lockdown has released me from. but it's the middle of the night and I need to sleep to be prepared for work, not awake, thinking, and pressing keys.
Sacred Economics with Charles Eisenstein

No comments:

Resume@Vance

 VANCE GILLGREN. Vanceandanne@gmail.com 02102404696. 447366338101 Born in Gisborne, I emigrated to UK with my wife and children for a period...